Consent Form for Overdraft Services
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer protection plans such as a link to a savings account or a line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask about these plans.
► What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
- If we do not authorize and pay the overdraft your transaction will be declined.
► What fees will I be charged if Bank of Agriculture & Commerce pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $31 each time we pay an overdraft, up to a maximum of $155 per day. Fees subject to change.
► What if I want the Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions contact us using the
- Call our Customer Service Department at (877) 226-5820
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit www.bankbac.com home page and submit the
- Return the form below to a branch near you, or mail to:
Bank of Agriculture & Commerce
Customer Service Department
PO Box 1140
Stockton, CA 95201-1140